Oh Hello Calligraphy Workshop

I've been rambling about how I fell in love with calligraphy and how I am so determined to learn the craft that I started on a buying frenzy and bought the things I think I needed at that time but I really don't. (Money-waster, I know)  Thankfully the universe conspired and helped me realize a thing or two about Calligraphy. I was able to attend a workshop by the great Fozzy of The Fozzy Book and started a new project to help me learn more about it ;)

I attended the September workshop at Briggy Hall, it was a lovely Saturday and the heavy rain thankfully stopped when the workshop started. That time I felt I was in good hands. I was in a cozy place with an amazing interior, I am served with good food, I was with new friends and was schooled by a great teacher. That's how awesome the day was. And if my description of how lovely the day wasn't enough, below are some photos during the workshop so you can visualize the awesomeness ;)






You can also check out more photos here which is taken by Chips a.k.a. Fozzy's super supportive husband.

Calligraphy - the dance in a tiny stage of the living, breathing hand. 

- Robert Bringhurst in The Elements of Typographic Style


I even started a daily calligraphy challenge on my tumblr page. I was about to give up but I decided to push through with it. But the universe have a funny way of challenging you and testing your patience that my nib decided to die on me this morning. But that won't stop me, I am more determined than ever to learn this beautiful craft.

I hope you find something that you are truly passionate about. Now go and do something to achieve it ;)


Have a lovely weekend.

Love always,

Gelibee ♥